greenhouse gas accounting
We have experience helping over 30 organizations, including the State of Colorado, account for their Scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas emissions. Our experience has ranged from supporting organizations with their first greenhouse gas assessments and setting organizations boundaries to working with experienced Fortune 500 organizations that that are seeking due-diligence support for their Carbon Disclosure Project GHG Emissions Inventory.
customized emissions tracking tools
Once a baseline is created, Lotus can create a customized greenhouse gas emissions tracking tool that will help your organization set appropriate reduction goals and track performance towards these goals, all while outlining and prioritizing mitigation strategies.
A partial list of our experience includes:
- Boulder County and Cities of Lakewood, Boulder, Lafayette, Longmont, and Park City's GHG Inventories using the Global Protocol for Community-Scale Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories (GPC) Protocol
- Due-diligence for three Fortune 500 companies' GHG Emissions Inventory for the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Developed new or updated greenhouse gas emission inventories for 30+ public and private clients.
- Developed a tool for Alpine Bank to track greenhouse gas emissions and normalize their utility data for weather.
“Eco-Products engaged Lotus to calculate our 2015 operational carbon footprint. This involved collecting and analyzing data for greenhouse gas emissions from our headquarters’ electricity and natural gas, business travel, employee commuting, materials management, and paper consumption. It also entailed updating our Excel-based tracking system and incorporating data for a company we recently acquired. Throughout the process, Hillary provided helpful suggestions and options. She documented all of the changes and decisions in an organized fashion, and submitted her work promptly. It could not have gone any more smoothly, and I can’t recommend Lotus highly enough. This was Eco-Products’ first time working with them, and it won’t be our last!”
- Sarah Martinez, Sustainability Maven at Eco-Products
ICLEI'S CLEARPATH TOOL
ICLEI's ClearPath tool has become one of the leading software platforms to track climate action plans, greenhouse gas inventories and forecasts, and monitor community-wide goals. Lotus has supported several municipalities with their data entry, goal setting, and forecasting in ClearPath to ensure that their data is accurately entered and to help prevent double counting with neighboring jurisdictions. Soon ClearPath will also offer one-click reporting of inventories to the carbonn Climate Registry, the designated central data repository for the Compact of Mayors. Through the end of 2018 the software is free to local governments.
"Park City worked with Lotus Sustainability on our community-wide carbon footprint. The team at Lotus made the process seamless and thorough. The report is transparent and a great community resource."
- Luke Cartin, Environmental Sustainability Manager at Park City, Utah
RELEVANT WEBINARS AND BLOGS
The following is a list of blogs and webinars that we have created highlighting our experience managing programs:
- Blog: Finding Regional Consistency in GHG Accounting: The Compact of Mayors Agreement and the GPC
- Webinar: How to Set Effective and Measurable Sustainability Goals
- Blog: Why You Should Never Overlook Qualitative Achievements When Developing Your Sustainability Goals
- Blog: Setting Reduction Targets with Limited Information